We have talked about the gig economy on our blog before. If you would like to read the blog on gig economy, click this link. Today, we are talking about side hustles! Which are a part of the gig economy!
Side hustles are a great way to make that extra MOOLAH $$$$! Plus, you can work a few at a time! If you are a full-time Mom, there are ways you can make money without even leaving the comfort of your home. College students, listen up, because you’re going to need ways to make that money so you can pay off those student loans! Being a full-time student is not easy. There is studying, classes, more studying, and you need time to have fun too! Side hustles make it easy to work a little in your free time and make money.
- Sell old clothes/accessories on Poshmark and other resale apps! You’re not wearing it anyway, might as well make some money on them.
- Start a blog! There is a lot of work that goes into jumpstarting your own blog, but do some research and find out what works! Writing a blog is a great way to share your personality with the world and get paid by sponsorships! Plus, if you’re lucky you could receive some free goodies. Yes, FREE!
- If you are basically a mathematician, history buff, or super into writing and literature, you could totally be a tutor! Make some money sharing your smarts with students who need help.
- Buy and resell stuff. You can do this through eBay, Amazon, craigslist, whatever! Or even go through stuff you haven’t touched in years and try selling it online. Some of your old stuff could really be worth something!
- Ridesharing. Of course! With Uber and Lyft you can create your own schedule. Morning person? Begin making money at 5am driving people to work or the airport. Night owl? Work during the day and drive around at night!
- Deliver food. You can do this through Doordash, Postmates, Uber Eats, and Grubhub. Let’s be real, people have gotten lazy and want their food delivered straight to their door. You could be the person delivering to them!
- If you are a college student, think about working at your school. Usually the hours are good and accommodating to your class schedule. Plus, you probably won’t have to leave campus!
- Creative and artsy? Make some stuff and sell it on Etsy! People love original and unique goods!
- Love babies/kids/dogs? Maybe babysitting/nannying/or pet sitting is your calling! Or you could work for apps like Rover and Wag which pay you to walk dogs! It’s a quick and easy way to make money. Plus, you get to hang out with an adorable pup for 30 minutes – 2 hours! Oh, and you make tips. Woo Hoo!
- Sometimes you can even find surveys online which will pay you!
- Do some research in your local area and see if there are any paid focus group opportunities. They can be a great way to get your voice heard about your favorite brand (or least favorite).
- Finally, of course there is events!!! We specialize in this side hustle. Working events is fun, interactive, a great way to meet new people, and can pay pretty well! Also, you get to make new friends and try ENDLESS products!!!
Events are an awesome way to make money. Most events occur on the weekends so if you work a 9-5 M-F, have no fear, events are still here! You can choose what events you work too. So maybe one event really sparks your interest but another is not really your style. No worries! You do you! Last but not least, events are obviously one of the best side hustles!
Thanks for reading and Happy Monday!