Let’s talk about how to turn up your consumer engagement skills because as a brand ambassador, it is important to know how to efficiently and effectively interact with people. Great brand ambassadors know the importance of not only leaving a lasting impression but how to simultaneously provide enough information about the brand so that the consumer walks away feeling educated about the product. Here are some tips and tricks on how to capture a consumer’s attention.
- First Impression: That first impression is everything. Greet consumers with a warm smile and friendly hello. Ask them how their day is going. Create a conversation that intrigues them to learn more about the brand you are representing.
- Be ready with answers: If someone asks a question, be ready with an answer. That means you need to have a strong knowledge of the brand and having talking points and training materials easily assemble to be able to reference and provide accurate information.
- Engage: The more you interact and connect with consumers the better. You do this by asking questions. You can ask questions about what products they are currently using, why they like that product, is the pricing in line with the product, how do they like the packaging, etc. Ask them about their day and simply be sure to let them know you are grateful for their time and the conversation.
- Be Authentic: It is essential that you are being YOU. Do not create some sort of false persona. Be open and honest with your consumers. They want to connect with a real and honest person.
- Ask for feedback and suggestions: What could have made this a better experience for them? Listen to your consumers. Ask for any suggestions they may have. Your consumers might have some great suggestions on how to interact with them more effectively and will definitely have important feedback on the product.
- Thank you, Thank you, Thank you: Remember to thank consumers for their time. Let them know that you appreciate them taking the time to stop and learn more about the brand. Ask them to share their experience with friends and fam.
Use these tips to effectively engage with consumers and leave them with a memorable experience.